Monday, April 16, 2007

Full Weekend

Our weekend ended up being full but enjoyable. I ended up going to David's gig after all. On Friday night when he went to meet up with the band we found that he could get us free tickets so my 'rents opted to also go, giving me someone to ride with for the trip. I also found a dress to wear for the weddings coming up. Of course I'm going to need atleast one more, but I can't complain given that it's really hard to find anything and I find something on the first try. Sweet. David's gig went very well. It was a long set but at the same time was quite enjoyable. Here are some pictures. Sorry they are blurry. I have found that our camera doesn't do very well with low light and no flash. The stabilization is horrible. I took some video too. I hope to post them sometime later.



The opening act was very good also. His name was Shane Piasecki. You can also check out his myspace site. We didn't get home the concert until after 1am and ended up sleeping in until 11am on Sunday. Haven't done that in awhile.

On Sunday we ate lunch at Panera and walked the mall and got some of our bath and body works hand soap since it was on sale. And I should've listened to my husband. He said, "I thought we still had some." And I said, "Yeah, we do. But only one left because I just got one out to replace the one in the kitchen." Boy was I wrong. Try 6 plus the additional 4 we got yesterday. Whoops. When I went to get one last time I obviously didn't check in the bag next to the "normal" bag. Whatever. You can always use soap.

We stopped by Jen and Joe's for a bit in the afternoon then we headed home so I could mow the lawn. Yes, it's the first mow of the season. It felt good and I enjoyed it. My body hurts today though...It's out of shape with the whole vibrating mower and holding the weed eater and stuff. Mostly my arms and some of my legs. I hate it after I get done, especially the first few times because my hands can't stand still. It's almost as if I need sugar because my hands just shake. Anyway, Jen and Joe ended up coming over with their beautiful daughter Emma. Joe and David tossed a softball around while us girls watched. And we had burgers on the grill for dinner.

Something cool too...Joe climbed our antenna tower and checked out our loft space. Some of you may know, but we have a loft above the back of our house but the only way up is on an antenna tower. But it has a floor and shelves. We're guessing the previous owners had some sort of pulley system to get stuff up there. And we've been wanting to cut a hole in David's bedroom wall (yes, his beautifully new painted wall) to make a door to enter the loft. So we'd have tons more storage space that is easily accessible. The guys were checking that out and feel that it is possible, so we may be having a hole in our wall next weekend. Hopefully a good hole though. I think that's about all that happened this weekend. Here are a few pictures from Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that form! WOW!

Anonymous said...

The one concert pic looks like the "Blue Man" Group. Too funny. Dad and I had a good laugh.
The pic of Emma and Lily is sooo... sweet!! Two cute babies!!
Mom