Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Our Little Pudge

The other day we went over David’s ‘rents house and I asked him to put some clothes on the dogs since they were going “out”. For those of you who don’t know, yes, our pets do wear clothes. And yes, they do like to wear them. I know, I can hear everyone out there mumbling some smart comment. But whatever. They're our kids and that's the way it is. So he put something on each of them and I came in the room to find that Viking had an oversized jersey on and Lily had a WAY too tight sweater. I just had to laugh. I finally said, “I appreciate you trying, but that won’t work.” So we went back in the room and chose something for both of them. But as we were looking for something I realized there are so many items that no longer fit Lily, so I put it in the back of my mind to organize her clothes. So I decided to do that today before going to work. Not to mention it’s almost spring and I figured I’d change their “wardrobe” that hangs on the wall from winter clothes to spring/summer clothes. I have little sterilite boxes that stack in the closet and each one is assigned as to what goes in them….old clothes, old clothes that don’t fit, spring clothes, etc. As I was changing everything out I figured I’d try most of Lily's outfits on, that were hanging up, to see what actually fits. Omigosh, I can’t believe my little girl is no longer so little. She’s a pudge now. I never thought that it’d happen. Now mind you she’s not huge but let’s just say you can’t see her ribs anymore and her waistline isn’t as trim as it used to be. I’m not complaining, as I never thought that I’d have to worry about her getting too big. But it was so funny and she was a real trooper as I put one thing on, took it off, and put another thing on. With them not going out so much they don’t wear as many clothes as they used to so it’s not something that we notice that much. Just thought it was funny. Then I think about all the parents out there that go through so many baby/kid clothes because their kids grow so fast. It’s kind of like trying to get everything on the kid at least once before they grow out of it, but of course you always have your favorites that the kid ends up in almost all the time. Whew, one more reason...because I'm sure that dog clothes are cheaper than human clothes...just a guess. Anyway, it made me have a little chuckle in my day. Maybe it will give you a chuckle too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lily....I fell your pain.

Anonymous said...

feel*