Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Loft Update

I figured I'd update you on our loft/attic situation. I finally have boxes in it now! I've been bugging David and he finally helped me move the boxes from downstairs to the upstairs tonight. Of course that was following 5 cans of the Great Stuff Gap Filler. I can't believe he went through that many cans but most of you know he's freaked out by spiders and wants to keep all the creepy crawlers out of our space. The amount of space is amazing...pictures don't do it justice. It's kind of like the Willy Wonka door. It looks so small but it opens to a huge area. I think what helps is that you step down into the area so you don't even feel like you are squeezing through a small whole. And there's plenty of room to move the boxes in and out. Pretty cool though...not too many people can say they have a Willy Wonka door in their house.

So we're moving in the right direction and at this point I'm ready to pitch stuff that we don't need and organize. Only, my body is telling me it's time for bed. Tomorrow is my day off and of course I have many things I plan to get accomplished. First, getting the boxes out of the garage and moving them to the loft, then off to the store to get more boxes so we can organize things that we have shoved into tiny spaces, such as our closets. Oooh, this should be fun.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, I have 4 BIG boxes that came from my Home and Garden order. But I'm not sure if they will fit in your Willie Wonka door. Hmmm....

erika said...

You've given me inspiration...we live in a cape cod style house and I know for a fact that there is unused space beyond our upstairs dormer walls...I'm envisioning a summer project...complete with our very own willy wonka door. Lord knows we could use the extra storage. Kyle's gonna be thrilled about this one (I hope you could read the sarcasm in that one).