Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

Ah, today is Good Friday. You'd expect the sun to be shining ready for Easter. Not so in northern Ohio. Try 30 degrees, which feels like 19, and a light blowing snow. A far cry from last week's mid 70's. Unexpectedly David had the day off today. I guess we should've known but they didn't let him know until yesterday. He was expecting to lay low and practice for his gig with Dan May that's coming up next weekend, but when he awoke he found that his rear tire on his work van was totally flat. It had a nail in it. Considering he's on call this weekend he had to get it fixed. So much for having a relaxing day. Not only was it cold while he was trying to change the tire, but he had a hard time getting the tire off the underside of his van due to rust. But anyway, I just got a call a bit ago and he said he's all finished and heading home. At this time I'm at work waiting for our next client to come...which isn't for a couple hours...our doctor had to leave in the middle of the day for an appointment, which means I must keep myself busy by cleaning. Nothing much is planned for the weekend. Of course family things on Sunday and that's about it. Tonight we're supposed to have our computer upgraded by Joey P. I'm excited for that...zoom zoom. Hope the 'puter goes faster. We shall see.
Can you believe our grass is ready to be mowed? Well, at least in my eyes. I can't wait for the warm weather to return, because you better believe that stuff's going to be cut ASAP. I can't believe I'm actually excited to mow the lawn. Give me a few weeks. I'll hate it. It's just so time consuming and when you get home and realize, "man, after working 11+ hours I still have to mow the lawn..." it gets kind of frustrating. But it will be nice to once again set up our patio furniture and chill outdoors, enjoying your hard work. I'm feeling pretty bad for the flowers. They are so confused. They start to come up then it freezes again. And considering this has happened a few times I think they are about shot for the year. But as I've stated in the past, this is a rebuilding year for our lawn. I took a lot of bulbs out at the end of last year and some this year too. I plan to replant new ones later this year. Don't get me wrong, they were beautiful, but I'd like to make my own twist on our backyard, and hopefully get certain areas under control. Our grass isn't horrible but that needs some rebuilding too. It will come. It will come. Must be patient. Alright I better get to cleaning. Hopefully everyone has a wonderful weekend and stays warm...maybe the sun will shine...

No comments: