Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend Full O' Projects

Boy, what a weekend. I can't believe how much we got done. I guess that happens when you put your mind to it and when you have help from those around you.

Project# 1-The Kitchen
It's done. Well, almost. All that's left is the floor, which is in the plans, but not anytime soon. We've done some work on it since we moved in, like remove wallpaper and paint but to give you a full effect of what all we've done I've posted pictures from when we moved and now....

Kitchen When We Moved In


Kitchen Now



Project #2-David's Vikings Room
We've been working on this for awhile now. I finally had time to paint all the woodwork including the wall cabinets and window frames that are in the room. There are no pictures for this project, as it is still in the works. We wanted to finish it this weekend, but in order to do so we wanted to get all the framed Sandusky pictures out of there before going any further. Since they've been leaning on the wall they've been leaving marks so we didn't want to freshen them up only to have more problems. So that's what leads us to the next project.

Project #3-Sandusky Pictures
David had the chance to hang what Sandusky pictures that we've framed thus far. Originally we were only going to keep the Sandusky items in our stairway, but with the eye of a friend he suggested we put them in our living room since our stairway isn't open and you wouldn't be able to get the full effect of the pictures. And considering we didn't have much decoration in the living room we thought it was a great idea.

City Of Sandusky Map 1883

The Boeckling

Other Sandusky Pictures

In addition to hanging the Sandusky pictures he hung his Marine Corps pictures that I framed a few weeks back. These are located in our hallway upstairs.


Project #4-Painting The Garage
As with most of our project weekends we had a few unexpected projects and this was one of them. The 'rents gave us a bug and all the sudden we were painting the garage. I won't complain because this is something that was on our list of things to do in the future. Hey, it's just getting done sooner than later. Why not do it now when you have time, beautiful weather, and people to help you? This project isn't totally finished yet but hope to have it done within the next 2 weeks or so. The front and side have their first coat of paint, which leaves 2 sides left to do with a first coat and then a final coat all the way around. It will definitely spruce up our backyard and the general look of everything.

Painting The Garage

What a great feeling to get all of this done. And guess what else? We even made it to the movies to see Pirates 3 (frickin' awesome if I do say so myself...we gotta go see it again!), I mowed and edged the lawn, we hung a pleated fan flag outside, took care our friends dog while they were away, and got some clothes shopping in.

Yep, I went shopping and picked up 2 pairs of capris in record time (Only 1 hour of shopping) using gift certificates from Sita and Alpa from Christmas. Remember I'm a power shopper but I don't always find what I want or that fits. So it's not such a surprise that I got something in that short of time but that I actually found something.

In addition, we ended our weekend with a Memorial Day cookout at our house with all the 'rents. And, my house is all in one piece with all clothes washed and folded. Whew! As you can see we've had a very full weekend. Hope ya'll had weekends that were just as fun and fulfilling wherever you were.

I better get going so I can get geared up for the week. Starting tomorrow I will be rising at 5:30am to start morning runs. It's getting too hot to run after work so it's just a little sacrifice I can make in hopes of bettering myself.

We got our Cedar Point vouchers from Sita and Alpa today too...maybe we'll be able to make it to the park tomorrow night.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "WOW". Great job. It all looks phenomenal.

Jen said...

Great Job Heidi! The kitchen looks great! Sometimes you make me tired reading all the stuff you do! I love the pictures in the living room, you have stuff hanging on the wall now! Let me know how the whole running in the morning works for you. It is getting too hot!

Anonymous said...

kitchen looks very nice. You two have certainly done a lot of work on your home since you moved in. So nice to look back and see all the improvements you have made.
Grandma Q

Anonymous said...

Hello there
Where do you get all the energy? You are surely in a working mood right now and everything is looking great.
LOVE---GRAM ROTH AND RALPH