Thursday, May 10, 2007

Snap, Crackle, Pop

As all of you know David and I have been trying to take steps to better our health in general. Yesterday we took a trip to the chiropractor to start up adjustments. I can already hear the grumbles from some of you that may be reading this. But I can speak from previous experience that I truly believe in chiropractic care. So much that I debated whether to go into the field back when I was deciding what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

Back in high school I was going to sleep with headaches and waking up with them too. I would take medication and nothing would stop the constant dull pain. Everyone said go to a neurologist and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Most of you know that I’m a pretty firm believer in natural type of treatments. I prefer to stay away from chemicals and would prefer to deal with pain on my own than try anything extreme or something that would just mask the problem. I’m in no way an organic person but I think you see what I’m saying.

So someone referred me to chiropractic medicine and the change was amazing. After becoming married and moving my care went away but I’ve finally brought myself back to getting back into it. This will be a first for David. He had a few adjustments while in the Marine Corps but nothing for long-term wellness. So anyway, yesterday we went for our preliminary testing and will go next week for our actual first adjustment. I am so ready for it to be here. My pain tends to come and go, whether it be headaches or back pain, but let’s just say I’ve been pretty uncomfortable for the past week or so. More than likely it’s just because I’ve been asking more of my body with exercising and all. I'm just looking at it as one more small step in living our lives so that our bodies are closer to their full potential. We'll see.

No comments: