Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Wonderful Spring Weekend

One more spring weekend past. I worked on Saturday and it ended up being crazy. Walk ins and sick/hurt animals kept our morning occupied. This included a couple from Cleveland that's dog was out in the boat yard and got it's side torn open from a propeller/motor...not a pretty sight. So in addition to working we ended up working about 1.5 hours past practice hours to get everyone taken care of.

Then we headed immediately to our neighborhood cookout. I must've read the invitation wrong because I thought it was from 12-5 but come to find out it ended at 2pm. Whoops. So we ran there and spent awhile with our neighbors. We truly have a great neighborhood with wonderful families. It can't get much better than what we have. And it's great to have others around you who are working towards a common goal of making the area in which you live even better than it is.

After that I felt as though I could crash but we ended up at Home Depot rallying more supplies for our big plans next weekend.....our kitchen! A little here and a little there I say. And as always, it adds up fast. Can't wait to see the final outcome. Thanks to the 'rents we're going to use their spray painter and saw horses. We've finally decided to go with the two-tone look. Originally David wanted just all white and I wanted two tone with the doors being black and the back being white. We compromised and we're doing two-tone but with the doors white and the back black. Thank God for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, that's all I got to say. We're planning on working throughout the week. Taking one down here or there and sanding, then hopefully they'll be finished by the end of the weekend. Keep posted here for pictures when they're finished.

That evening I went to Jen's Arbonne party and we watched The Holiday while the guys went out and did their own thing. It was an enjoyable night and I just love the movie. It's definitely a fav.

This morning we started out with a run. What a gorgeous morning it was. It was so quiet and peaceful with the sun shining. Even better we could hear the Cedar Point train. For the first time ever we could even hear what we think was the Mantis. I know, call us crazy but we swear it's one of the rides. It's a low "wooo" sound of one of the steel coasters. It would come and go, louder and softer, like it was going up and down hills. How amazing is that? It's been a perfect spring with the wind blowing so we can hear it all. I know that it sounds silly but it's one of those things that reminds me of home. It gives you that warm cozy feeling.

The rest of the day was spent getting things done around the house and spending time with the kids outside. I even took a moment to take a small nap outside on a blanket, with an additional blanket covering me. The wind was blowing through my hair and it was a wonderful moment in time.

This evening we went out to eat with the 'rents and then they came over to let all the kids play and now I'm here updating you all. Obviously we've been staying comfortably busy while being able to enjoy everything that spring has to offer.

One last thing....Guess what? Pirates is coming this upcoming weekend! I'm totally siked. Even though we have the whole kitchen thing going on we're pretty determined to get away for a few hours to see it. If we can't, oh well, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I've been listening to 1 and 2's soundtracks for the past week. Number 3's is coming out Tuesday. Sweet.

It looks as though it's going be pretty good weather this week with rain going into the weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Ya'll have a wonderful start to the week!

No comments: