Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

What a busy weekend that flew by. Friday started with me coming home to a freshly mowed lawn, a brand new flagpole and holder installed, and a flower hanger installed.....Happy Mother's Day to me. Thanks David! Those were 3 things on my list to do this weekend and since they were already done I didn't have to worry about them. In addition, David waited to exercise until I got home. So for the first time ever we actually went running together. And I must say I held my own. He definitely kicked it up a notch for me. We just ran around our area. After some calculation I figured out it was a shorter route than I was running but I ran a heck of a lot faster and a longer distance than the other route. So I was quite pleased with that.

That evening we took a walk on the wild side an ate at Danny Boys. We've been there before but it's been awhile. They have great food but they have the problem that most restaurants all have....kind of expensive but they give you tons of food....I guess that's their way of justifying the price. Why can't you just cut both the amount of food and price in half? I'd be a lot happier. We then did some running around...Kohls, the mall, Lowes, and figured we'd get our grocery shopping out of the way since the rest of our weekend was going to be pretty full.

Saturday morning I woke up and had to work. I ended up being able to leave work early so I could come home and get ready for our friend's wedding that was at 1pm. Our friend from high school, Gabe Preston, got married here at the Chapel in Sandusky. It was such a beautiful ceremony and reception. It had the perfect touch. One of the best I had ever been too. It was elegant while at the same time very simple. Their reception was at Mon Ami. In addition to seeing Gabe and his new wife Brooke we also ran into some other friends including Alison Cebull and Matt Newton. It was a pleasant surprise. It was great to catch up and exchange numbers. And come to find out Matt Newton is engaged to a wonderful girl named Katie. Congrats Matt! As always, we hope to be able to keep communication with our friends, and hope we succeed better than we have in the past.

That evening we had our first Chiminea Night with our 'rents being invited. A few weeks ago we purchased a chiminea. Now mind you I still think they look God awful, but they are always fun anytime we go somewhere that has one. Of course since Mother Nature knew we had something planned outside she dropped the temperature by about 10 degrees. Plus the wind decided to kick up. So it wasn't so pleasant as we had hoped it'd be. Ah well, we had a good laugh and toasted marshmallows are always good even if I'm not patient enough to get them hot enough to melt my Hershey's chocolate.

Sunday we slept in and then went to lunch at Chili's. Well, I should say that we attempted to eat at Fazolis but they totally changed their menu. Normally David and I get a meal and we split it. It's the pizza and pasta meal. Well, all the sudden they no longer have the meal and they no longer have the double slice pizza. It's one slice or an entire pizza. I'm figuring it has something to do with the summer season because they didn't have it last summer. So we'll see if it comes back in the fall. Needless to say we were bummed and decided to head to Chili's. Since we've been watching what we eat and the amount we are eating we split something at Chili's and it worked out great. We then went to mom and dad's and helped set up their new router to get them on wireless Tivo. After a little frustration and a call to Linksys with foreigner trying to help me (which by the way did no good) I finally had success on my own and they were up and running.

Sunday evening we had a cookout with the 'rents for Mother's Day. Hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, and chips. Sparkling lemonade and strawberry shortcake with ice cream for dessert. Yum!

So obviously a full but fun weekend. Be sure to check out all of our pictures for our festivities.

No comments: