Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Am I Actually Getting The Hang Of It?

After 3 days break and letting my body recoup Jen and I hit the pavement again yesterday. And to be quite honest I was amazed at how well we did. We managed to hit a new goal that wasn’t even planned and I didn’t feel like I was going to die either. Can it be true? Am I actually getting the hang of this? I’m not going to hold my breath. Not that I didn’t already know what gave runners their drive, but after that run I was totally energized and ready to run again. I know, patience…patience. We plan to get on a schedule of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I’ve started keeping a form of a journal so when I have one of those bad days I can look back and gain confidence in seeing how far I’ve come. Even in 3 runs, it’s truly amazing.

We’ve hit a streak of great weather for the past 3 days. It’s progressively getting more and more gorgeous. Of course the rain is supposed to come down tomorrow, but at the same time it’s supposed to be in the low 80’s. Say what?! I can handle rain with warm weather. I just hope it’s not too bad so that we can’t run. I have faith that we’ll be just fine. It looks like it’s going to be a decent rest of the week and weekend too…in the mid 60’s.

Since it’s my day off tomorrow ya’ll know I have a day planned of getting things done. Tomorrow night is also our night to cook for Dinner Night with friends. We’ve chosen to do brats with green peppers and onions, hotdogs, and finishing up with strawberry shortcake. Yum!

3 comments:

erika said...

Yay, Heidi! I'm glad you are keeping a running journal. It really helps to build your confidence when you can look back on how far you have come. I started out barely able to run 30 minutes straight (which was barely 2 miles) and now I'm calling a 10-miler an "easy run." I'd love to do a weekend run with you during one of our trips to Sandusky. You've discovered my secret to maintaining sanity...runner's high.

Anonymous said...

10 Miles? I get tired driving 10 miles. That is impressive.

Anonymous said...

We are really proud of you, Heidi. Once you make up your mind to do something...there is no stopping you. You will be a lean, mean, fighting machine by summer's end.
Love,
Mom and Dad