Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Canceled

I was all set to go to jury duty yesterday. Getting everything done at work, preparing for the possibility of being gone for a day or so. Then I received a phone call 1/2 hour before I was to leave. "I'm sorry, there has been a change in the case and we must contact all jurors to let them know that we do not need you to come in today. Please continue checking as directed throughout your term." Man! I had finally gotten to the point where I actually wanted to go through the experience. You know, see what it's like. Then it was taken away from me. Ah well. I probably shouldn't complain since I got to stay at work and make some money. And I still have time left for something else to come up during my term.

It lookes like our winter weather has arrived again. It's not frigid cold but we're back into the 40's today and it should continue to drop over the next few days. No longer do we have high 50's and 60's. It was nice while it lasted. I had hoped run yesterday after work, but it was wicked outside. Rain and some hardcore wind. Enough to knock you off of your feet. I didn't want to end up in the land of Oz so it ended up being an off day. So much for being able to take advantage of the warmer weather. At least I got 2 good weather runs in. That's better than none.

The start of my classes is right around the corner and I'm chomping at the bit. I check everyday to see if anything's posted. I know nothing will be posted until the day before or the actual day, but I still look. Having anxiety about starting classes is nothing new, but with adding a 4th class to the mix heightens my anxiety. Technically it should be one of my hardest semesters to date since I'll be entering my final level and having my heaviest class load. Only time will tell.

No comments: