Sunday, January 27, 2008

Eight Point Five And Feelin' Fine

Good Sunday evening to you all. Oh where does the time go? If you're not doing one thing, you're doing the other. Right? On Friday night we met up with Jen, Joe, and Emma for dinner. We hadn't really seen or spent time with them in awhile, so it was great to catch up. As with so many other things in life, we get wrapped up into what's around us, whether it's school or just normal things around the house, and sometimes forget to do all of the other things that we enjoy, like hanging out with them.

On Saturday we got most of our running around done in the morning so we could "chill" the rest of the day. That included going to the laundromat with mom so we could wash our comforters. That's the downside of having a king-size bed. It calls for a huge comforter that I can't wash at home. And ya'll know me, I clean and wash things like crazy, especially with the animals. The comforter is just a hassle. We always make the bed (I won't leave the house without it being made) We also use a thinner quilt and leave that on top and tend to just leave the comforter nicely folded at the end of the bed. If we know we're having company and will be showing them around the house we tend to put the comforter fully on the bed. Well, about a month or so ago one of the animals got sick in bed making a mess of the comforter. So needless to say the comforter has been folded in the corner waiting to be taken to the laudromat since then. When mom said that she had to wash theirs at the laundromat I hopped on it and suggested we go together. So mom and I accomplished our goal on Saturday. Thankfully it went fast and we had good company with eachother. However, even with their gigantic washers I felt like I had to push and shove to get the comforter into the washer. I ask myself, is this comforter really worth it?? I want to get rid of it. Of course when I got home David suggested that we actually start to use the comforter, meaning we sleep with it. Ugh. Hey, as long as he agrees to taking it to the laundromat next time. Nothing much else happened the rest of the day. David's Sprint contract is finally finished (yes!) so we ordered him a new phone through Verizon. I will still have Sprint until my contract is finished (June) but we have officially started to make the change from Sprint to Verizon. Thank God. We stayed home Saturday night and watched the movie Miracle, the movie about the US hockey team. It was a good movie that didn't disappoint.

I woke up at a decent time this morning and got some school work out of the way including some quizzes. After that David and I hit the streets for our long run of the week. We weren't sure how long David would last due to the cold and poor circulation in his feet. He last about 3 miles but then had to head home. As for me I continued on and finished at 8.5 miles. Good to go. I also ran without music and was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. Knowing that I won't be able to run the half marathon with music I've been inserting "no music running days" here and there in my schedule. I want to make sure that I'm not dependant or rely on my music to keep me going. Once again, it felt good throughout the run. It's amazing when you pass a certain point and it's as though your body just glides along. I'm not saying I'm a smooth runner by any means but your body shifts into autopilot. It's a cool feeling. I've also broken the hour barrier these past two weeks, meaning I'm out running for over an hour. It's not as bad as I thought it could be. I keep my mind busy by taking in what's around me. There was snow on the ground still today so I ended up running mostly on the side of the streets. I had no major issues. Only the old guy that was mad at me for running in the road and decided to beep at me. Ah well. "That's it man. Beep your horn at me while you're driving to church in your Sunday's best." Ha. No big surprise I guess.

When I got home David notified me that a movie started in 45 minutes. If I hurried we could make it on time. I did so and we ended up making it to the movies just in time. Our movie of choice? 27 Dresses. Yes, my husband took me to a chick flick, again. As I told him, I love him for so many reasons, including that he'll watch/take me to movies. And as stated previously, he truly doesn't mind and ends up actually liking them half the time. In addition, he's also willing to take heat, if any, from guys around him for watching the movies. I'm truly thankful. Back to the movie, it was very good. Cute, funny, feel good. You pretty much knew what was going to happen but that's okay. It's nice to have a happy movie that you don't have to think too much about every once in awhile.

This evening we had my 'rents over for dinner. Nothing special, just figured we'd have some company. So that's about it. Oh yeah. Nothing all that exciting, but I wanted to let you know that I stayed true to my comment on Erika's blog. I setup a "station" in our basement for recyclables. It may need some revamping but we've already started to save our cans and bottles instead of throwing them away....something we should've been doing long ago. Hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend.

No comments: