Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday. They spent the day in Columbus with Ande' and then came home an hour or so ago. Although they weren't home most of the day I wanted to make sure to see him for a little bit on his day. We presented him with his Frog Cookie Jar filled with sugar free candy. Dad absolutely loves frogs so we couldn't pass it up and with him being diabetic we weren't sure what to fill it with. Sugar free chocolate it is! In addition to stopping over their house I made his birthday staple....German Chocolate Cake. I can remember my mom always making it for his birthday so I thought it was my turn to make it for him. We know he has to watch his sugar but I wanted to make sure he got sung to on his birthday and he got a small slice of cake to celebrate his day. The rest will be swiftly taken away to my mom's coworkers....away from Dad...heck, away from us all! If I had some baking skills I would've baked one from scratch that was sugar-free. Needless to say I don't have skills and it had to be a Pillsbury box. I try. Maybe that will be my project for next year. Next up....David's Birthday on Friday.

No comments: