Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Note From Viking

Hey guys! Viking here. Wanted to check in with you and tell you how I've been doing with this whole running thing. First off, what took mama so long to take me with her on her runs? She must have realized that she was missing out on a ton o' fun. I think having me helps to keep her mind occupied. It also keeps us in tune to each other. I can't complain one bit. I love the one on one time with mama. Not to mention, I like to get out and stretch my legs and strut myself around Sandusky. And when I'm done Lily and Spencer get their time with mama. I don't think they go as far as me since they're not gone long, but they seem to enjoy their time as much as I do.

I'm still coming along, but here's what I've learned so far.....

I keep finding these black holes in the ground (manhole covers/sewers) . I'm not sure exactly what they are, but boy do they scare me! I don't wanna fall in one, so I avoid those at all costs. Unfortunately this sometimes puts a glich in my stride and trips mama up.

I don't mind the dogs barking at me when I run by, but what's up with their humans just tying them up outside and leaving them alone? No running space, no humans or dogs to interact with. Sounds like a horrible life to me. I'm one lucky boy.

I've found mama saying words to me....right, left, easy, ok. I'm not 100% sure what these mean, but I'm starting to catch on that I think she's trying to tell me what way to go.

And guess what?! I'm running a solid 2.5 miles now. Not too shabby if I say so myself.

So all is well over here. I think it's safe to say I have a new hobby/sport and mama has a fresh new outlook on running.

No comments: