Sunday, October 21, 2007

If You Sprinkle When You Tinkle....

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks about this. Actually, I'm sure you all think about it as you walk into a public restroom. All you can think is "ick!" As you walk through the door you're broad-sided by the stench of someone's "number 2" then you continue in and there's a generalized smell of urine. Half the time toilet paper is nowhere to be found. And if it is, it's not where it's supposed to be because the dispenser is broken in two. I just don't get it. I don't understand how public restrooms can get run down so fast. Just a couple months ago Walmart's restroom was totally refinished. I walked in there the other day and it's just as bad, if not worse, than what it was before they remodeled. How?! I understand that I'm a clean freak and clean my bathroom throroughly once a week with smaller cleanings throughout the week, and I also understand that public restrooms see MANY more people than my personal bathroom. However, I believe every public/store restroom has a signoff sheet for cleaning the restroom hourly or every few hours. Meaning, although the restroom is seeing more butts than mine sees, it's also being cleaned 50+ more times a week than mine. I can't help but look at the store's restroom cleaning schedule as I walk out the door. Yep, it's initialed for every hour of that day that has passed so far. It's initaled even though each toilet paper dispenser and paper towel dispenser is empty and there's a mound of toilet paper on the ground. And there's "liquid" on the floor in first stall. Yeah. Sure. It's clean. If they consider that clean I'd hate to see their own personal bathrooms at home.

On the flip side of the coin, it's not just the store's fault for the cleanliness of the restroom. Once again, I wonder if people treat their own bathroom's the way they treat a public restroom. If you pee on the seat, clean it up. As Grandma Roth's little sign said in her bathroom all those years..."If you sprinkle when you tinkle. Please be neat and wipe the seat." Or if you drop toilet paper, pick it up. And if you're worried about touching the ground, trust me, you can pick it up without touching the ground. It's not an art. I'm also not sure why it always smells like pee. Are you peeing outside the toilet? Unlike men, it's not like us women really have to aim. I don't get it. Actually, maybe I don't even want to know. Oy.

No comments: