Monday, October 01, 2007

What's With Sundays?

Maybe a dark cloud looms over our house on Sunday nights. Last weekend Sloopy got hurt on Sunday night. My parents weren't sure what actually happened, he just wasn't acting right. I took him to work on Monday in hopes of making him better. We're still not sure what happened to him, but can only guess he fe;; and hurt himself or strained his back. After doing a little blood work and getting him on some pain medication he's A-okay.

Now it's Viking's turn. We had our weekly family dinner last night (spaghetti, homemade sauce, and homemade meatballs...yum!). Dad was doing the usual routine....outside playing ball with Viking. They then come inside and dad asks, "Does he ever hold up his left rear leg?" I look down and sure enough Viking's gimping around. Viking does have a "bum" leg just like mommy and daddy. I broke my femur when I was in 6th grade, David tore his ACL when in the Marine Corps, and Viking fell of the couch when he was just a pup, breaking his tibia. Every so often he'll play too rough and tweak his bad leg. I thought that's what happened, so I popped some pain meds in him and let him lie for the rest of the night. He continued to gimp around and then upon waking up this morning he's still just as bad. We have had episodes where he's had a couple bad days after hurting his leg but just to be on the safe side I'm taking him to work to get him checked out. We shall see.

I just had one of those "holy crap" moments. It's October. Just under 2 months 'til our vacation. Wow.

Have a Magnificent Monday!

No comments: