Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Birthday Pictures

It's one of my late days for work today, so I thought I'd jot a few lines....

After starting with a rough run in the morning and entering my work day not knowing how the day was going to go, my birthday ended up not being too bad. Work was steady but not crazy and I ended up getting out on time. We met up with my 'rents at Applebees for dinner then came to our our house. David's 'rents came over too and we had a Coldstone Cake. You know that I love ice cream, so it shouldn't surprise you that I LOVE Coldstone ice cream (Like it Cake Batter with Snickers please). I like it so much that about a year ago anytime we walked in they didn't even have to ask what I wanted. That's pretty sad. Now, we try to limit our visits for obvious reasons-health and money. It was our first experience with a Coldstone cake and it didn't disappoint. It wasn't a Tonya Cake, but it was good.

David and I didn't get anything for mom. What do you get a mother that has everything and wants nothing? Got me. After racking our brains we've decided to sit tight and when she says, "I like that...." when we're out bumming, we'll grab it. In all honesty I'm not big on gift giving for holidays. It's not that I don't like giving gifts, but if I find something at any point that I think a certain person would like, I pick it up and give it to them right then. No special occasion needed. It real hard for me to hold on to something for a long time. I get too excited and want to give it to the person. David's the same way. We hardly ever give each other something on a holiday. It's usually before or at some random point in time. Not to mention it's hard for him to surprise me since I keep such a tight watch on our money situation. He can't charge anything or I'll see. He can't take money out of the bank, because I'll notice it. You get what I mean.

Speaking of gifts....I got what I wanted =) A Garmin Forerunner 205 from my 'rents and David. This thing is amazing, and it's already been put to use. It's a GPS that goes on your wrist. It tells you everything you want to know. How fast you're going, how long it's taking you, what your speed is, how far you've gone. The list goes on and on. Upon reading the manual I'm amazed at what all it can do. And I even did research on the thing to make sure it's what I wanted. It's almost too smart. Having had a few "bad" runs here the past few days I almost feel as though I'm not worthy for this awesome piece of technology. But I know I'll come around with my rut and be able to enjoy it for all that it's worth. It was pretty cool to look down this morning and see all the numbers turning.

Mmmm. Cake Tryin' Out The Garmin
Me Being A Goober "Check Out My Garmin!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Jan & Heidi & Jessie too. Thought of all of you on the 31st. (but I was without a computer ok?!) Hope the day was enjoyed by all 3 of you. See ya's on Saturday. Love, Val

Anonymous said...

Cool Watch...What has two thumbs and is jealous of Heidi's watch...This guy (thumbs pointing at self). Glad you had a good birthday. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. I haven't been able to run for the past week. I ran 7 miles last wednesday and my ankle/heel was sore the next few days so I dropped down to 3 miles on friday. My heel was killing me over the weekend to the point that I was walking like a pimp. I went to Hanson's (local running shop) to get some inserts for my shoes and the worker gave me a bunch of info. He said it was called retrocalcaneal bursitis. He had the same thing and ended up having surgery so I figure I will give it some rest and it is gradually getting better. I'm not walking like I live on 8mile now.

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Hey J, ouch. I feel for ya. I try to stick to the 3 day rule. If something hurts take 3 days off. It should get better. I must admit that it's hard to take the days off though. I'd like to go to a actual running store. I know they'd have tons of info. It's been a rough running week for me...just tough and been very warm, even at 5am. David and I are set up for or 5.5 miles on Saturday though. We'll see how that goes. See ya this weekend!!