Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Time To Pack

Just wanted to check in here. I'm so glad it's Wednesday. That means I have to work today, tomorrow, then I'm off to Florida for the weekend. This past week or so has been crazy at work. Not only are we booked, but we're also double-booked and then some. I don't know what's going on. Usually we slow down right as school's about to start, so it's been unexpected. I can't complain all that much because I'd rather have appointments instead of sitting picking my nose, but as usual it's feast or famine here. I don't go into work until noon today but I looked at today's schedule before I left last night and we were already booked with a few appointments double-booked. Ah, we shall see.

With the craziness of work and the OROC 5K my packing has been put on the back burner. Can you believe it? My trip is less that 2 days away and I'm not packed. What's going on? This can't be the real Heidi. No fear. Having the morning off allowed me to start to get things together. I really have no reason to pack for trips so early, considering I could more than likely drop everything I'm doing, pack for an entire week's trip, for both of us, and be out of the house in less than 30 minutes, if that were to ever happen. Just guessing though, it never will. So I got most everything ready to go. Just has to be put in my carryon suitcase, and then away I go. Can't wait.

I'm in search of some reading material for the trip. Last week I decided to buy "You Can Run But You Can't Hide" by DOG The Bounty Hunter. It may sound crazy but I am truly a fan of his show. I had seen that he was having a book come out and finally broke down and bought it. Of course that was after I walked away from it a few times and David had to buy it for me. I hate buying stuff for myself. Anyway, that book was supposed to be my entertainment during the trip but having had desk duty at work for 2 days I finished the book. Bummer. What to do now? I don't read much, but when I start to read, I love it. I guess when I'm in school reading is the last thing I want to do since that's what I'm doing so much. But being on break has allowed me the opportunity to read something. I went to Meijer in hopes of getting the Runner's World magazine but it looks as though the new one hasn't come out. According to my calculations it should be out any day now. So I guess I'm just going to have to wait until the airport, hope that there's something there, and pay top dollar for it. By the way, Dog's book was very good. It gave me much insight into his life and bounty hunting. It also explained the Andrew Luster case in detail, which I had felt I was in the dark on. So I highly recommend it, if you're into stuff like that. It's pretty short and a simple read. Can't argue with that.

Lily's birthday is tomorrow. My little girl is turning 4. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to celebrate the dogs' birthdays. It starts to make me sad that they keep getting older and older, but they deserve a birthday. And what kind of mom would I be if I denied them that? Since I'll be leaving very early on Friday we'll have to have a short and sweet party fo her, but I'm sure she can't wait to have some cake.

Hope everyone has a Wacky and Wonderful Wednesday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I packed last night. I'm ready to GO!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you and your mom. We'll be coming over on Sunday and staying until sometime Monday. You'll finally get to meet 2 of my babies. The poor cat has to stay at home, but she'll prefer that considering once they're together there will be 4 dogs running loose in mom's house. See you soon. Camie and the gang