Friday, August 24, 2007

Garage Frustration

I've got a weird work schedule the next few days here. Usually I work a half day on Friday, but today I'm working all day. The owners are going out of town so we'll be closed today and monday. However, someone has to be present to direct emergencies to the right location, sell Rx's, and OTC type of stuff. I volunteered since I'll be missing all next Friday due to my Florida trip. And since I'll be in the same pay period, I'll be able to earn some of the hours back that I'll miss, by working all day instead of half. Got that? The only thing is trying to stay busy for 10 hours. I don't want to jinx myself, so I'll just say, I know I'll keep myself busy in one way or the other.

Since I had to get up to go to work this morning that leaves me no time for my normal "cleaning hours" today. So last night I worked on my cleaning. As I did that David headed outside to work on our garage door. For the past few days it's been doing the whole, going all the way down, closes, then opens right back up. If you keep opening and closing it, it's been staying closed after a few tries. But that's not fun. In the past we've been able to recalibrate the transmitters with the opener and it's been fine. Well, that's not what's happening this time. And do you think we can find the manual? No. Which leads me to my next thing...I swear we had one at one point and David disagrees...and I've found it impossible to find on the internet. Don't you think you'd be able to find it? They must not post it because in looking at forums I'm not the only one looking for a missing manual. So after searching the house for the manual and then the internet, we started searching the internet for troubleshooting help. I've tried turning the little circle knobs in the back that supposedly control how far the door goes, but that's not working. Not to mention the forum said, "turn the knob on the back 1/8 turn" Well, I have 2 knobs...figuring one is for the up movement and the other is for the down? What one do I move? Or both? After messing with it the door actually worked properly so of course I say, "open and close it again to see if it's right and not just a fluke" then all of the sudden the door stopped working all together. It'd click when you pushed a transmitter but it wouldn't move. Yep, overheated (per the forums). So we gave it rest. A while later tried it again. Same thing...after a few turns of the knobs it seemed to be right, then trying it again it would open right back up. So we're at a loss...not to mention a night of frustration, sweating our butts off in the garage. My confusion is why does it work every so often instead of not at all or working all the time? It's a crap shoot. So David's plan is to come home mow the lawn and try to fix it again. We shall see. Not that I ever want frustrations but I just wish I didn't have it now.

No comments: