Thursday, August 23, 2007

Preparation

I'm having one of those whirlwind moments as I go through the week. With having the OROC on Saturday and thinking about the Florida trip next week, my mind doesn't know where to start or stop. But I just remind myself to live in the moment. It's not that I'm worked up over it, just excited for both events. And you know me, I like to have everything ready to go early in advance. Let's just say I'm very surprised with myself that I do not have the luggage down yet. Usually I'm packed and ready to go by now. Yes, we all know that I'm not right. I will say that I have several lists going on here at the computer desk though. One for OROC, then Florida, and a grocery list. Next will be a to-do list for cleaning next week. Another thing I HATE to do is leave the house dirty. I know David will still be here but I like to leave the house in as perfect of shape so when I come home that's the last thing I have to deal with. I guess that's what helps me enjoy my vacation better though....the week before I leave I'm running around cleaning and getting things together that by the time the actual vacation comes it's time to relax. No dirty laundry. No dishes. Everything spic and span.

I'm also keeping my eye on the weather for Saturday. Earlier this week it was to be a high of 75 degrees with a possibility of rain. Well, as each day passes the degrees continue going up. As of now we're at a high of 77 degrees with scattered thunderstorms. The rain isn't bad, I just don't want hot and humid. For instance, when we did that Masters Challenge for Seniors a few weeks back at Osborne Park it was the worst running conditions ever for me. So humid you couldn't breathe. Once again I'm not worried, just aware.

I believe I have decided what to wear Saturday too. I'm trying to stick to my normal schedule and gear as much as possible, as to not throw my body out of whack, so it's nothing special. Also, I am trying to figure out what I can hold in my right hand. On every run I have my keys and mace on a ring. I have a specific way of holding it. It may sound crazy, but I'm so used to holding something in my hand that it'd be odd not to have something. Any ideas?

With the exception of a few things here and there it looks as though we're tying up most of our loose ends. Just got to get through the next two days, get some things together, then we'll be on our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bug,
Would you like to hold something of Patty's? By the way, she really is planning on being there. She is just so thankful and blessed to be among the survivors. We were looking at some of the pics (I guess from last years event) and she was so excited.
Anyway, only if you really want, I can ask her about something to hold. Like a key chain of hers or something. If not, it was just a suggestion. Oh, she also is looking forward to her "Patty" ribbon.
Call me with any details regarding Saturday's itinerary. I'll plan on gatorade at the finish line for you two. That's what you two are used to after you run.

I love you,

Sita