Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wake Me Up When It's Over

Okay, I've officially left the "You've got to be kidding me." stage and entered the, "You've got to be shitting me." stage. I'm up early this morning to go running and take a walk with my mom. David's sleeping in. My plan is to run over to their house, walk with her, then run back. So I got up early to eat my oatmeal and get ready. Then went to the basement to empty the dehumidifier and take the clothes out the the dryer. In doing so I here and "plop". There's the ink cartidridge of a pen that just fell on the floor. In the next grip of clothes another "plop. plop." There's the rest of the pen that was in David's work pants. I tell myself, "It'll be okay, there's still ink in the cartridge. It just came apart." Oh, could we have been that lucky. Upon removing everything from the dryer I find a huge mess of ink in the entire dryer. Enter the, "You've got to be shitting me." stage. I start brainstorming to figure out what to remove the ink with. I know at work we use isopropyl alcohol and that will remove the stain we use for microscopic analysis' off of countertops, etc. So I go up and grab what I have left of the alcohol and dig in. It works but you're almost making a mess upon mess. You have to work real fast before the alcohol vaporizes. I ran out of isopropyl alcohol and attempted to use what I had left of rubbing alcohol. Just so you know, that doesn't work. And by the way, Mr. Clean Erasers and Fantastik don't work either. So when I go to the store today I'll be buying a huge stock of isopropyl alcohol. I haven't even brought myself to look at the clothes that were in the dryer. All I know is this. I had two of my good running shorts that were in that load of wash and for some reason I decided to air dry them....whew! Thank God. Maybe I should just go to bed and have someone wake me up when it's over. No. Must run. Now. Get away from all of these things gone wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi
So sorry about the ink cartridge episode. Hope everything came clean by now.
LOVE--GRAM ROTH