Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Rain

Boy, interesting weather we're having here in Northern Ohio. We've been in a drought all summer and then since Sunday, whoosh! Here came the rain. It's coming in spells and very hard at times. I shouldn't be surprised. It's the week of the erie county fair. That's what always happened.

This morning we had a bit of a surprise. I start to hear "plop. plop." I see Natchez walking over to the downstairs bathroom so I move quickly to see what's going on. Yep, the ceiling's leaking. Now, it's our downstairs, meaning there's something above it. Trying to figure it out, I thought it may have been the shower since David had just gotten done in the bathroom. I rush upstairs and there's no water in the bathroom. I then head to the loft area. Ah ha! I found it. The roof was leaking into the loft, then into the downstairs bathroom. Right, this is what I needed on a Tuesday morning. I get some buckets and towels and secure it for the rest of the day. Throughout the day I was thinking about this dilemma that has come up. I then remember that this has happened once or twice before. However, before we didn't have access to the loft so all I did was mop up downstairs and left it be. I've come to the conclusion even though there is an obvious issue, it's not a huge problem. The only time that we've had water was when it was blowing and downpouring for a decent amount of time. And upon coming home we found the buckets to be bone dry even after an entire morning of rain. And considering we hope to apply siding to our house next year, we may also be replacing the roof at the same time. So we've rigged the area to be protected and it's a wait and see. How come no matter where I live I have a leaky roof?? It never fails.

On another note, ever since Sunday I've been battling the pain in my right inner thigh/pelvis again. I'm not sure if it's the weather or what....that's an idea though. So Monday was a rest day and I made today one too. I did some strength training while David headed out to run. When he came back all he said was, "Be glad you didn't go today." It was only 5am and 82 degrees plus humidity. Yuck. We'll see what tomorrow brings. It may be another day off for me. It's something I'm paranoid about. With the 5k coming up I'm nervous about keeping to a schedule but at the same time I want to be healthy. I know it's only a 5k, but give me a break. It's my first race. I also don't want to get off of the running schedule. I don't think I'll stray away from running in general but you know that when you get a break it's harder to go back to doing what you were doing. I'm keeping with the early morning workout times though, so I don't think I'll have any issue with that. Considering I'm anal and obsessive compulsive something tells me that I'm not going to stop doing this running thing. Too many good things come out of it.

Time to get back to straightening things up around the house. Sometimes I just want to clean, clean, clean. It's one of those times....

No comments: