Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm Hungry

After being married for 5 years and owning a house over a year, David and I have finally made it to the step of setting up a life insurance policy. With most everything, it's something that you keep putting off, and just never get around to it. They sent me a postcard for my birthday that said, 'You can get life insurance for...." so it put a fire under my butt and got the ball rolling. We've already signed the paperwork and we're now in the process of getting interviewed/examined to get the "okay" that we're good to go. I've already gone through 2 interviews and today I have my examination. The weird thing is that they're doing David and me totally separate. Different phone calls, interviews, exams. It's weird to me because it's a joint policy and I feel they're just making it harder on themselves. All the questions are easy and thankfully I just keep having to say, "No. No. No." David on the other hand has a much more colorful medical history. So they start to ask more questions to dig deeper. All he can say is. "I dunno. You'll have to ask the Marine Corps." Considering most, if not all, of his medical history problems come from them, it shouldn't be that hard for them to get records. But then again, you're dealing with the government. But that's not for us to worry about. And thankfully most of his problems are past problems and not current ones.

But anyway, today is my exam. They're going to come to the house to weight, tape, get urine, ask questions, and draw blood. Say what? Draw blood?! Can't you just pull some hair or something? I'm not scared for them to draw blood on me. But from past experience most people don't do all that well on me. We'll just have to see. Hey, if they can't do it, maybe I'll just have to step in. I figure if I can't draw blood on an animal, what's the difference with a human? I'm just kidding. I'm also not allowed to eat anything for 4-6 hours prior to this exam. The exam is at 9am. David and I went for a run today and let me tell you, I'm hungry. Water can only do so much. A little bit longer and I'll be done. What shall I eat? Hmmmm.....

Tonight the guys are going to the Indians game. Hope the weather is okay for them. According to yesterday's report they shouldn't have a problem, but I haven't checked it today. We got sprinkled this morning while running. But a few sprinkles never hurt anyone. My mom and I are going to do something. We're also trying to get hold of Sita and she if she wants to join in. As usual, there are no set plans. Mom wants to go to the fair just to check things out. I don't think that's a bad idea. But once again, it depends on the weather. We had planned to go on Wednesday but it was God awful hot. So we shall see.

This morning's run was awesome. One of the best to date. It was still VERY humid, but not as bad as earlier in the week. It just felt good to get out. Believe it or not I think it has something to do with having a day off in between run days. I must say that I do feel guilty that our run schedule was so messed up this week with the weather, power outage, and my sore leg. But I can't look behind. Just look ahead. I also think my body is getting more tolerant to the weather and exercise. I won't complain. I dig it.

No comments: