Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Days Gone By

For the first time in a few weeks I had a good night's sleep. I was beginning to wonder if it'd ever happen again. It's a great idea to try to stay hydrated, but not when you have to get up 2-3 times a night. Not fun. And I knew we were going to "sleep in" today. It was a good feeling to sleep until 7am. I never thought I'd say that. We ran our 3 miles this morning. David kicked me into gear as he always does. I should be proud of what I did, and I am, but I did have to take a few walk breaks here and there. I know they're acceptable, but still.....I just remind myself it's a step in the right direction.

It's kind of a gloomy day and I'm not sure if the weather's going to hold off for fireworks. Having the 4th of July in the middle of the week is so weird to me. I was reminiscing the other day about this time of year. It was tradition for our family to go on vacation the first week of July every year due to my mom being on shutdown from Ford. Some of the best memories come from those vacations. I remember spending the entire day in the pool because it was so hot out, and every year we'd search out where to go for local fireworks. I'm definitely jealous of everyone going on their vacations even if they are a little weekend getaway, but I just keep telling myself that the wait is worth it and December is right around the corner. We probably will never go on a summer vacation again because that's the busiest time for each of our work schedules and believe it or not I'm actually blocked out from taking vacation during the summer months. But it's nice to have something to look forward during those dull gloomy winter months.

To update you on my schoolwork situation...I sent my radiology project out yesterday (yay!) and all the videos that I've taken are now transferred onto the computer. Next, I have to take one final video and get that onto the computer, burn a cd, and send it. Too bad I can't just say, "Voila!" and it be done. I'll get there. Now, what classes should I take for next semester?

No comments: