Friday, July 06, 2007

Shopping Woes

If you've read any of my previous posts you know that I have issues with shopping. I know what I want it's just trying to find it and finding that it fits right. So my latest issue is trying to find sports bras. Now I know most of you are saying, "TMI..." but I think the ladies will understand me on this one. I feel that I've been quite successful in finding appropriate running gear that also fits me well. However I do have several tops that are racerback. Now ya'll know you can't wear a normal-shaped bra with a racerback top. And some even have the bra built in, but trust me, there's not enough support. So here I am looking for sports bras that are not only racerback but that also fit me and are affordable in price. Do you think I can find any? Nah, of course not. So when did department stores stop carrying sports bras? And the ones I find at Kohl's, Target, etc. I feel are ridiculously priced or they don't have what I need. Then a new dilemma arises....I'm not entirely sure what size I am anymore.

Follow me on this one. I'm always had problems having bras fit me so David was so gracious as to take me to Nordstrom last year so I could be fitted properly. No wonder why I couldn't find bras to fit....they fit me as a 32D or DD. Yeah, you could've fooled me. And try to find that size on a rack in Victoria's Secret...not happening. So I had to splurge and spent $60+ each on 2 bras and then ended up picking up another 2 at a later date. Now according to the people at Nordstrom you should replace your bras every few to 6 months. Yeah, at $60+ a pop, that's going to happen. So I still have the ones I got last year but I've been noticing that they're not fitting me as well as they were before? Could it be? I'm shrinking? Can I get a Hallelujah?! Well, they say that's one of the first things to go when you start exercising. But once again, that sends me into a tailspin. Now, not only do I need to find sports bras but also regular ones too. Geez. And in just another month I'll need to find cold weather running gear. Thank God I don't mind shopping, but trust me, I'd rather shop for others and not myself.

So tomorrow, after our 4.5 mile run (yikes) and working in the morning I think we may head up to Crocker Park and check out Dick's Sporting Goods. It sounds like a good idea to get out of town and Dick's is always a fun place to go (can't wait for ours to open). And to be quite honest I'm sick of going to MC Sports and Dunhams. Any other stores that anyone would recommend? We can also spend some time at Borders and Barnes and Noble on our little jaunt. Sounds good to me. Now, hopefully David will be able to get away from work tomorrow....

No comments: