Sunday, July 29, 2007

On Call

Well, it was a pretty uneventful weekend.

To start off ran the 5K at Osborn Park. Let's just say Humidity + Packed Gravel = poor running conditions. It was one of the worst runs to date. The only thing that makes me feel better is that it was also a bad run for David. He ended up running with an older guy while I trudged on with a few of the other elders. It was so humid that by the end of the run we were soaked from head to toe and it wasn't even raining. Nasty, Nasty. Can we say, Welcome to New Orleans? A little bit warmer and that's what it would've been like. I'm crossing my fingers for better conditions for OROC.

David was on call this weekend. He didn't sit down for but a minute and the pager would go off. As I write he's on a call right now. Should be heading home soon though. We just think to ourselves, cha ching, money in the bank. But it's hard to have an enjoyable weekend with a pager constantly going off. I also feel very guilty that I had Friday off and he has had to continue working through the weekend. That leads me to my next topic.

Mom and I booked a flight for Florida tonight. Talk about feeling guilty...but David was okay with it. Not to mention within the past week he's purchased several sporting event tickets. It all washes out in the wash. And thank God for overtime. It gives me anxiety spending money, knowing that in just a few months we have to finalize our trip to Hawaii, but I continue to tell myself, "you only live once." and just to keep saving. That's why you save money, so you can use it. Back to the flight. Just like last year, we're going to Florida to visit family over Labor Day weekend. A short trip but my mind and body appreciate it. Just a short moment to get away. Enough of a break to know that I can make it 'til our big trip at the beginning of December.

As usual, time flies by and I can't believe that Labor Day is just around the corner. Shoot, my birthday's just around the corner. How old am I going to be? I guess you know when you start to get older when you have to actually think about how old you are when someone asks your age. Scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such good news - coming to Florida again. Ande just left a few moments ago. Had a very nice visit with her. We look forward to seeing all of you. Love
Grandma & Grandpa