Sunday, July 08, 2007

I've Lost Hope

Ya'll know from a previous post that I've been wearing a wristband for my whole positive thoughts and self awareness thing. The wristband was nothing special. As with many people I have a stash of the rubber band-like wristband and I chose one that wasn't all that bright and went from there. It had "Hope" on it and I believe it was from Relay For Life a few years back or something. Dunno, my mom gave it to me. Well, I've lost it. On Friday night I went to take off my watch and bracelet and it was gone. Then I started to do the, "Ok, when was the last time I saw it?" thing. I couldn't remember other than at work. I checked around the house, in my car, in the arm of my hoodie sweatshirt. No where to be found. So I've lost Hope. =( I actually became quite attached to the wristband. I'm not so "hardcore" into my self awareness bit so much but it is something that I feel I am constantly working on and that wristband was my constant reminder. I'm figuring when I took some exam gloves off at work it got rolled up into the glove. It's happened in the past but I noticed it before anything would happen. So I went back to my stash. I was surprised that I really don't have all that many to choose from. And nothing is really "clicking" with me. I have a few such as "adopt a pet" or "support animal rescue" But I dunno, I really liked the whole simplistic idea of just "hope" I know I'm weird. Who would put this much thought into this?? So as of now I've settled on my "Music = Life" I got at Hot Topic awhile back. The cool thing about it is that it is smaller than my previous one. Maybe it will stay put more. Some of the wristbands are just so big for my wrist. I've also done some research and found one for ovarian cancer. Being that it will be our first 5K I thought that it would have a meaning for me. The only thing is I don't want to pay more for shipping than I do for the actual product. Anyone have cool wristbands out there? What do they say? Where'd you get them? What do they mean to you? It's amazing how one little wristband can mean so much to you.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Joe has a wrist band that says "Overcome"for leukemia. It was given to him in the hospital and he has never taken it off. It used to be red, now its a faded almost salmon color. At first he said he wasn't going to take it off until it fell off. I thought that it wouldn't last too long...It's been over a year and still going strong. Pretty good for a rubber bracelet.

Anonymous said...

I've had several, however, they were all too big and either fell off and I lost them, or I noticed it, found it, and put them in a drawer so I wouldn't lose it again. I'll keep my I open for some cool ones.

Anonymous said...

that should be "eye" instead of "I". Oops

erika said...

I have two. One that is for the JDRF that is blue and says "Cure Diabetes," and another that is pink and says "Train Endure Achieve Matter" for Team in Training. They both mean a lot to me.

The trick to getting one that fits a small wrist is to order or buy the youth size.