Friday, July 13, 2007

Five Fabulous Years


It has arrived. Our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary. I guess we're no longer newlyweds anymore. Just an old married couple. That's alright with us though. I received a card from David this morning. He wrote in it, "That was a fast 5 years. Sign me up for the rest of my life =)." Too cute.

I know it's "just" 5 years, but in today's society that can be considered a long time. As with anyone we're constantly learning new things about eachother and ourselves In addition, our lives are ever-changing. However, if I were to write a book as to how we've made it this far, and continue to make it another 100+ years, I'd have to say this. Love and respect each other. When you wake up, greet one another with a hug and a "Good morning." Before leaving for work say, "Have a good day, I love you." When you arrive home from work, rise to meet each other, give a hug and ask the genuine question of, "How was your day?" and listen intently as you partner goes on, whether it's a complaint or they want you to share in their excitement. Every evening before going to bed pray together. Even if it's just a , "Thank you Jesus for today." It's amazing how those few moments can draw you closer to one another. Do not go to bed angry, even if it calls for a long night. And be sure the last words out of your mouth are, "Good night, I love you."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Kids!!!
I think you have a pretty darn good formula for success. You two are so cute together. May you have many, many more happy years together. Love ya both.
Mom Roth

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Heidi and David!
What a beautiful picture of the happy couple. Congrats on 5 years together and best wishes for many more.
Aunt Daleen

Anonymous said...

You two are great together. Your attitude of closeness will serve you well through the years. Both your sets of parents have shown you how life can be if you are willing to work together. I'm sure your love of life will continue for many more happy years. Hugs & kisses, Diana

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great weekend celebrating!

Jacki said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. It seems like last weekend or something! You two are equally yoked. You'll be blessed with many years because you're keeping the Lord as your your firm foundation. He is our rock and our fortress.
I love you,
Sita

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great advice for other couples. I WANNA SEE MORE OF YOUR WEDDING PHOTOS!!! I love you guys, many more years of happiness together. Love, Val