Monday, July 09, 2007

Finally, Something That Will Work

This weekend we did make it up to Crocker Park. We even made it to the Great Northern mall since we were out that way. No Cedar Point though. It was just hot. It would have been uncomfortably hot. At Crocker Park we made our way from Borders to Barnes and Noble. Picked up a couple books then headed over to Dick's. It was the first official time of us looking at their clothes. Let's just say we were a bit overwhelmed. It's awesome that they have so much.. There are certain areas for tennis, running, cardio, etc. At this point, to me, it's all the same. I know there's technical differences, but if you can wear it, work out in it, and be comfortable, then it's fine. But it's almost like you're a kid in a candy store. You want this, then your eye's caught by something else, but then there's this too. You get what I mean. You know me though, I'm all about deals, and hate paying full price for anything unless I need it or really, really want it. There was a sale going on, but didn't find anything on those racks. As for the rest of the clothes, even though there was a lot of cool things I'm already looking for winter/cold gear. It's not that I want the warm weather to go away though. At this point I think I have enough warm weather items, that I'm good to go. I'm just trying to find something here or there so it's not a big whammy to get it all at once. But at this point there's not much cold weather gear to be found. My trek also continued in finding a sports bra. Nadah. Tried a few on but they were so so...not enough to spend $30 on at least.

When we were at the Great Northern Mall I figured I'd stop at Dillards to see if I'd have any luck there. They had a big sale going on for "normal" bras. I grabbed a few and figured I'd let someone fit me. Yeah, that was a hoot. Needless to say it's not like going to Nordstrom. Basically she told me everything I already know....I actually need a size 30, not 32 but you can't find those...and that I'm either a C or D at this point. Yah. I continued on by myself and had no luck. I was patient instead of losing it with myself, but have decided, a trip to Beachwood is needed ASAP.

For dinner I took David to Brown Bag Burgers. I had already been there with my mom, but thought he'd like it. Considering he'd been craving a good hamburger he thought it was a good idea. I think it pleased him because when he was done he said, "that's seriously one of the best sandwiches I've ever had." So I did good.

We headed back home and stopped at Target and Walmart to check one more time for sports bras. No luck. Most sports bras are no longer fitted like Small, Medium, Large. They are now actual sizes, which is probably a good thing. But the smallest I could find was a size 34. Not happening. I gave up looking for the day.

Late that evening David had to do a service call on the Turnpike so I rode along. Going down all the country rodes to get to the back entrance made it a peaceful drive and better yet we got to see a few fireworks shows in the distance as we drove. Pretty cool.

The next morning David slept in and then later on we went grocery shopping. I had given up with the whole sports bra thing but David was adamant. We ended up back at Kohls and I finally found some that worked. Being there were 2 that worked, one at $34 and the other at $25 I settled with the $25 one and said, "I'm done with it. I got something." Only after a week of working. It's kind of funny though. With me doing all my looking I'm now finding David wandering through the lingerie aisles trying to find my size. Oh, what a husband will do for a wife to keep her happy.

The rest of the day was a rest day. Chill and try not to move too much because all that does is cause more heat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed the "twitter" thing on your blog. What's with that? Always something new. Just when I think I'm catching on.