Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Go Boy Go

David and I had a "night out" tonight. Nothing big. It's my early day for work so I get off at 5 pm, meaning there's actually time to do something after work. So, as usual we took advantage of it. This week we decided to venture out and go over the CP Fridays for something different. Of course after we were sat we ended up seeing Cassie's sister who's commuting weekly between Columbus and here for the summer. She was quite busy so we quickly said hello as we were leaving. Come to find out we wouldn't have been able to have her as our waitress anyway since she was doing all large parties. Ah well, next time we'll have to check before being seated.

After that we had a little treat at Cold Stone and then stopped by Target just to be Target bums. Hey, I know we're not the only ones that go to Target just to walk around and look at things. Since Old Navy is right next door we took a jaunt over there. I must say that I'm no longer a huge fan of Old Navy. I know I've already blogged about it in the past, so I won't go into a rant or anything, but David is still a fan of their jeans. Remember how we got him jean shorts, what was it, last month? Well, they're already too big. Geez. They're still usable, but it's not the time to be looking for jean shorts at Old Navy. Yes, they have end of the season sales but their jeans/shorts are always way overpicked by this point. So what can we do? Dunno at this point. He may just be living in running shorts during our time in Hawaii. So instead of focusing on the shorts we decided to look at the jeans.

He's got this stigma about the size 36. The last time he was a 36 was after boot camp. Actually, right out of boot camp I think he was a 34 but he was still pretty emaciated at that point. Going back to the 36....he keeps saying, "No, they'll be too tight...." but he says this as his 38's are falling down. By the way he has no butt to hold anything up. I know, TMI, but I had to throw that in there. Tonight I finally convinced him to try on 36's. And voila! They fit. Surprise, surprise. He still has enough give to lose a few more pounds if they are lost....meaning hopefully we won't have to change his jean wardrobe again in the near future. But for the time being we just purchased one pair. Hey, if he keeps losing, this could be an expensive endeavor. I know he'll settle at a weight at some point, but let's just wait to see when that happens. Something cool too is that he went with a different style. They're still loose fit but no more "painter type". I never thought there'd be a day when I'd see that happen.

In all seriousness though I'm very proud of him. He's down to 210 lbs which is something big considering at his biggest he was 270 and he averages around 240. It's something that he deserves and was definitely worth a high-five. Yes, a high-five in the middle of Old Navy. Geeks, we know we are, but we're healthier geeks that are feeling good about ourselves. As we've been running we've been watching what we're been eating. However, I know that we could better our nutrition even more. I can only imagine if we kicked it up a notch in the nutrition area what our results would be. Hmmm, something to think about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to David!! No more "saggin' ". Great job.