Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Well-Needed Weekend

This was a great weekend. A well-needed weekend. David and I not only got to spend some time with each other but also with both sets of 'rents. On Saturday we went for a run in the early morning then went to Beachwood with my 'rents. Of course we ate lunch at PF Changs. Yum. Then went to Nordstroms at Beachwood Place. My lady that I've had fit me was working (yay!) The process for being fit went a lot faster than the previous time. I guess that's what happens when they only have one bra in your size. No folks, they have a HUGE selection, it's just that I have the weirdest size...basically non-existent. But I walked out with 2 bras and I was a happy camper. David wasn't so thrilled since I spent so much, but considering I don't have any other options, he's good to go. And he knows if he wants a happy wife, he's got no other option than to let me purchase them. But you know him. Easy going. "Whatever you want..." I wish I was more like him.

After that we went over to Legacy Village. We had hoped to get Dad's cellphone fixed but found that they didn't do repairs. Bummer. I get more and more disappointed with Sprint. The thing is we've never been able to reach the end of our contract...phones always break or something goes wrong, meaning you have to sign a new contract, also meaning you cannot switch providers. I would LOVE to get a new phone since no one can hear me on mine, but I'm trying my hardest to keep it and try to make it another year. David's contract ends in January, mine ends in June. I'd like to switch providers at that time, but I think that's wishful thinking. And I think to myself, "The grass is always greener on the other side..." Anyone have another provider that they like and would recommend? I think they probably all have their flaws but like I said, I've just become so disappointed with Sprint. I feel their phones are cheap and are only made to last 1 year (but you have a 2 year contract...you figure it out!) And their customer service SUCKS. And I'm not the only one that feels this way. Just recently a report came out of the top companies with the worst service and Sprint was number one. And they also recently announced that Sprint "fired" a certain amount of customers due to their amount of complaining. Too bad I wasn't one of those customers...they even waived the cancellation fee. Dang. And get this.....when we were at the North Olmstead store to get Dad's phone repaired one of the reps came out to a guy and said, "It's been noted that your phone has third-party ringers in it. Considering this, this voids out your warranty on the phone. And if you want us to do further service on the phone you have to default your phone back to it's original settings." Now that's just crazy. So basically they're saying that you have to buy ringers from them and only them. That wouldn't be so bad but since they charge an arm and a leg for the ringers and they only last 3 months, who wouldn't get ringers elsewhere. Just another way to stick it to the man. Ok, done with the rant.

After stopping at the Sprint store we went to Dick's to check out some cold weather gear for us. I got a few things and feel at this point when a cold weather spell arrives I'll be ok. As for the rest of winter, I'll worry about that later.

On our way home we stopped in Great Northern and had dad's phone fixed and ate at Brown Bag Burgers...the same place we ate last weekend. Hey, what did I tell you? It's good. It was Dad's first experience. I think he was satisfied as we all were full when we left.

That evening we had a fire with all the 'rents. It was a beautiful night and then all the sudden it started pouring without much warner. Ah well, it made it fun. Before the downpour David and Sita gave us a show. I wanted to get a picture of them and this is what happened....

When going in for the picture, David pinches Sita
(look at that mischievous smile)

Then Sita attacks David

Finally, a good picture
I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty funny. We spent the rest of the night inside watching the Indians lose.

This morning we got up and went to the movies. Originally we were going to see Harry Potter but didn't want to fight the crowds so we went to see Pirates 3 again (yes, if you're counting, that's the 3rd time we've seen it...I guess you can call us fans). After the movie we went to Cedar Point. We didn't ride any rides but we used it as our cross-training day, booking it around the park...front to back, then back to front. Whew! It got warm. Next time we'll be sure to wear the appropriate gear. People were probably wondering what the big hurry was, but that's what makes it fun. Act weird and make them wonder =)

We had dinner at Cedar Villa, David packed for his business trip this week, and now we're chilling the night away. Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a beautiful start to their weeks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID IT AGAIN!!! (Paragraph before the first picture.) You're gonna drive me crazy, little one. I'm screamin' inside! :)

Anonymous said...

Mom,
That must be the phrase that you were trying to tell me about last weekend. I hadn't noticed it before. Now that you have pointed it out, I won't be able to forget it.

Sita,
Don't let that Oaf push you around. Way to sock it back to him.

BananaBuzzbomb said...

So mom, you try to tell Justin about it before you tell me? What's up with that? Hey, you raised me...where else would I have learned it?

And you know I still didn't catch it while I was writing it last night. Sorry =)

Anonymous said...

We were talking about language/grammar pet peeves and I said something about how people speak up here. I think I said that alot of people up here say "I says". That one really gets to me. I hear it at work all day when someone is telling a story. "I says, you need to go to the store." Who talks like that? Anyway, mom was trying to tell me that there was a phrase in your blog that you use, but couldn't remember what it was. So I says, let me know when you can remember. All of the sudden, she must have remembered.

BananaBuzzbomb said...

how about how everyone adds an "s" to words....I'm going to Meijers, etc. That one's not that bad, but we REALLY noticed it when we lived in Michigan.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so we're being critical now. Justin than it really should be, so, I says, "Let me know when you can remember." (ha ha! correct punctuation.)
The phrase I dislike is, "We'll take and go to Krogers." UGH. "I'm gonna take and kill Daisy the cat." That really sends me! You know, crazy talk like that! I'm gonna take...what the???
Sita

Anonymous said...

NEWS FLASH!!! Oh my gosh... Dad was telling me a story, earlier, and he said "all the sudden". I couldn't believe it. I had never noticed. But now the mystery is solved. We can blame HIM!!
And thanks J, for sticking up for me. I really hadn't revealed any family mysteries, just happened to mention something in passing. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How ironical (another favorite of mine). Sita is being critical of my punctuation and there is a missing comma in that very sentence. I have never heard the "take and go" line. Reminds me of "Rise and Stand."