Saturday, November 03, 2007

Don't Worry About The Future

I worked this morning and then in the afternoon Sita and I headed out of town to search for scrubs. We were lucky to each find something and for decent prices too. I was amazed at the store's selection/prices and will definitely go back for future purchases. Afterwards we ate dinner at Fridays, stopped at The Cheesecake Factory to take home some dessert, and had a night in with the movie 13 Going On 30. It was nice to spend some time with her and just chill. Thanks Seeter!

For some reason I've had an unknown source of anxiety for the past 24 hours. I don't know where's it's stemming from but it's driving me nuts. And with the anxiety comes emotions. It's as though any little thing will feel like the end of the world for a few minutes. Then reality kicks in and I'm fine. Maybe it's just hormones. Dunno. I can only guess that the anxiety is coming from a multitude of sources and is just piling up. School is winding down, however I do need to finish up so large tasks for my classes. As for work, it doesn't look like it's going to be a fun upcoming week. Monday and Tuesday are almost already booked solid. Which means that we'll more than likely be double booked with emergency/sick animals. And David and his dad left for Minnesota this morning. I stayed away while he was packing, but I still have a checklist in my head of things I hope he didn't forget. Having David's trip and our trip this month I also have our finances as a top priority on our list. I know we'll be fine, but I just want to be able to enjoy our trip and do things and not have to worry that much, especially since Christmas is right around the corner. On top of that I received a phone call from David this evening saying he thinks his cell phone died. Great. I guess it just turned off and a red light came on. I'm hoping that the battery just went dead. Considering they were in the Mall Of America for awhile maybe the phone was searching for service so long that it wore out the battery. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but at least it will keep me sane until he calls tomorrow to let me know if charging helped. Wherever and whatever the source may be I just hope it goes away soon. Or I could just take the advice of those around me...just deal with problems as they come and don't worry about the future. Ha! If it were that easy for me I obviously wouldn't be in this dilemma, eh? So much for their advice. Maybe a run tomorrow will help. I can hope.

"Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday. " Baz Luhrman

No comments: