Friday, November 02, 2007

NaBloPoMo

So it's National Blog Posting Month, eh? Hmmm, we shall see what happens. I feel I already do quite well posting at least once every other day or so. It's amazing what a journal/blog can do for you. I'm not trying to preach that everyone should get a blog, but writing helps me a lot. While David was at bootcamp I kept busy writing letters to him and keeping a scrapbook of every letter I sent to him. That way it'd be a keepsake when he got done and we'd be able to look back and see what all happened during that time. In addition, if there were any letters he never received or if they were lost while at Parris Island, he'd be sure to have them when he got home. After bootcamp I went into writing withdrawal. I didn't know what to do with my excess time or thoughts so I decided to start up a journal. Then when we got married it got put on the back burner. I thought, "Why do I need it now?" However in starting a blog over a year ago I found that it's a place where I can "let go." It allows me to post what I want, it motivates me, it keeps me sane, it allows me to keep family and friends up to date on what's going on in our lives, it helps me to feel organized, and allows me to plan. I can't say that at this point in my life I'm trying to fill my downtime with "something" as I had been trying to do while David was away. On the contrary, my life is very full and writing on the blog should be the furthest thing in my mind. But I be sure to make the time to post. It's kind of like running. It's been good for me in so many ways, that it'd be hard to stop now. Of course I'd also like to think that not only do I like to write on the blog, but that others enjoy reading it too.

No comments: