Monday, June 25, 2007

2 Miles

Ah, Monday morning. Don't you just love it? I can hear the moans and groans right now. I feel ya. Last night was probably one of the most horrible sleeping nights ever. I just couldn't sleep. It could've been a multitude of things. Viking tossing and turning from having his paw wrapped (I ended up taking it off only to have him continuously lick it...he got kicked out of the room at midnight), having run too late, thinking about David leaving on his business trip today, thinking about school, thinking about whether I was to run or bike today, and the anxiety of knowing I was to wake up at 4:30am and it was going to be Monday. So out of all of those I'm sure my body had a reason why it wanted to stay up. But I still got up at 4:30am with David to see him off and then I immediately went out for a run. I feel good but I know by 7pm this evening I will be done. To add onto that I was planning on staying after work to do some videotaping for school. That may just have to wait until tomorrow. Not only will I be tired but the kids will have been home all day by themselves and I'm sure they'll be hungry.

I have to share some good news with you. I ran 2 miles this morning...my furthest thus far. Woot! Thanks to David pushing me last night, I made some significant steps within the past 24 hours. He didn't let me stop when I wanted to and kept encouraging me when I felt I couldn't go any further. But this morning I did the same thing as last night then some and felt better. Basically my entire route is the same but I'm running more of it with less, if any, breaks. I am thrilled about it.

Hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. You'll be ready for that marathon before you know it.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you too Bug and... I hear the voices too..all the time. Except, sometimes, I don't realize it and I'm singing out loud... "It's my time, it's my time to be blessed." (Three Mo'Tenors) or, "Nessun Dorma." (by the same artists.)
As you can tell, I'm catching up on your blog.
Praying for Bubba.
Be careful running alone. Run with your drivers license, hooked onto a key ring then attached to your bra strap. I know I'm paranoid. Never was till I had a reason to be.
Love you honey,
Sita