Monday, June 18, 2007

That Yucky Feeling

So if you've read any of my posts in the past month you know that I've attempted to run and surprisingly have succeeded in my attempt. And more than likely people are probably sick of hearing about it. But as expected I have found my life changed wanting or mostly even needing to have that run in my day, so my life has become very "involved" with this new hobby. As time goes on I've also been trying to educate myself. I've picked up a magazine and have looked at books here and there. I figure if I'm going to do this, I better do it right.

So I was reading the magazine yesterday and it's talking about how whatever you eat the night before truly affects how your body reacts to the run the next morning. Shoot! Did I feel that this morning. It was kind of a free for all weekend when it came to food mostly because our schedules were out of whack. Yesterday when we went to the shower I waited to eat lunch because I knew salads were to be served. We didn't eat until approximately 3pm and then there was Aunt Tonya cake. I CAN'T pass up Aunt Tonya cake. So by the time I got home I was still full while David was hungry. In the end I didn't have dinner last night.

I also slept horribly last night. I'm not sure if it was because of my weekend diet, the anxiety of knowing I was to get up early, knowing I had to work today, tight muscles, or what. The actual run today was fine but then I got home and I about died. I haven't felt that bad since the first day I ran. The kind where you just want to lay on your back and pass out. Where the sweat keeps coming, you feel dizzy and all. Once again I figure it's because my diet was out of whack this weekend and I was having a bit of dehydration/hypoglycemia. Not sure. I got a small glass of Gatorade and some crackers into me and now I'm doing great and ready to take on the world. Isn't it amazing how the body works?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that gatorade...can't live without it. Powerade Option is the best though. It has your vitamin B6 & B12, potassium, 2g of carbs, only 2g of sugar. It does have the sodium though but after your workout - it sounds like you needed it replenished. Also, it has only has 40 calories for an entire 32 ounce bottle. Black cherry is my favorite, grape is my second favorite. It doesn't have that fake diet taste nor does it have that bitey citric acid taste that Propel has.
Man, somebody needs to pay me to do a commercial for them, huh!
Love hearing about your day.
xxxooo,
Sita