Saturday, June 30, 2007

Surprises Are Fun

Good Afternoon. We're about to head out for my cousin Gabe's wedding, but just had to write a quick note. David and I went for a run this morning. He pushed me and I made it around our entire route (2.11 miles) with only a stop long enough for him to say "No Baby, keep going." And there we went. Whoo. Tough on me. Especially when the sun is up and it's not 5am. On another note, my poor body doesn't know what to do when I don't get up at 5am. It was ready to go while my mind had to keep saying, "go to sleep. go to sleep...." After the run we went to for a bike ride. We had hoped to go longer but David's front tire started to go flat. So, we're going to have to get that fixed. But we still met my goal of today which was to run our route and also go biking.

As for our surprise.....We came home from doing some bumming around and had a note from my mom saying, "Happy Anniversary....check the top of your microwave." I was thinking, "what the heck, a box?" And then to my very happy surprise I found out what it was and hollered, "It's an Aunt Tonya cake!!!!!!" Oh, you just don't understand. Tonya cake is better than ice cream. And that's saying a lot coming from me. I had hoped to have a Tonya cake for my birthday but she's TOTALLY booked for the next few months. Which is good for her, not for me =( But I understood and just planned to get one in the off season. Well, she said she had some extra batter yesterday and thought about us, knowing that our anniversary is coming up, and knowing that I'd LOVE to have a cake. So she surprised us. According to her, "It's the the prettiest or best decorated." But it my opinion it's one of the most beautiful cakes ever because it was made and given with love. Thank you bunches Aunt Tonya. It hit the spot! And what a wonderful reward after a decent week of workouts. Now, if I could just keep the dogs away from the cake....they keep getting whiffs, and whining. Ah, they have good taste, and no big surprise considering their momma's a cake lover.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Your getting there with the running. Before you know it you'll be running that marathon like a pro. Great Job!