Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Weekend

Man, do summer weekends fly by. Let's recap.

Friday night we met up with the 'rents for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's walked around the mall and then went out bumming/shopping out on 250. We picked up a walk/run pedometer at MC Sports and figured I'd try it out.

Saturday morning David headed to work for a few hours so I woke up with him. I spent some time calibrating the pedometer and headed out. Needless to say it counted the walk steps very accurately but not so much the run strides. I tried it again tonight and it over counted again. It's not overcounting by much but I think I need to take time to recalibrate my run stride and start graphing what I get each run. So we'll have to see about that. It also does other things such as run time and calories burned so I think once I get it straightened out it will give me a rough estimate of what I'm running. In addition, I'm still using the gmaps site so I figured with those things combined I should be set. As for the run Saturday morning it was kind of rough but I have a few reasons why I think it was. It had already started to get warm, I was running by myself for the first time in a long time, and I was focusing so much on the whole pedometer thing.
Later in the morning we hung our last of our red, white, blue decorations (as of now). And the 'rents stopped by and took a few minutes to powerwash the back side of our garage, so we can continue to paint it here sometime in the near future.
In the afternoon the guys headed up to Cleveland for the Indians game. They had a great time and David was glad to be able to spend some time on Father's Day weekend with both dads. It's too bad the Tribe lost.
Mom and I of course bummed around the area making some returns at stores and searching for a new mirror for our downstairs bathroom. We found one, now it's just got to be put up. We even had some time for pedicures, which was well needed by my sore feet and ankles. Friday's was the restaurant of choice for dinner and by that time the guys had returned. We finished up the night by going to Kalahari for some sweet treats.

Sunday we woke up and I snuck out while David was in and out of sleep. I headed to McDonalds and came home to give David breakfast in bed for Father's Day. Hey, give me a break, I can't cook. It's the thought that counts.
Then the guys headed out to golf while us girls, including Ande' went to our longtime friend, Meghann's baby shower. It was great to spend some time with Ande' and catch up with some old friends including Katie, Aunt Deb, Lindsay, Joy, Aunt Tonya, and of course Meghann.
We went out to dinner with David's 'rents, came home, I went for a well needed run, and here I am writing this as David watches Apocolypto. So not so much home improvement stuff this weekend but more spending time with family and friends, which is always good.

It's about time for bed. Happy Father's Day! Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a real nice weekend with you. Thanks for the company.