Thursday, June 28, 2007

OROC

Hello Everyone! Just wanted to share with you some exciting news. After speaking with David we've decided to register for our first 5k. So I registered us last night and we're good to go. I'm so very excited. It's the OROC (OutRun Ovarian Cancer) 5k that's held in Cleveland on August 25th. So, we're on our way. This is a first for me. Now David on the other hand, has raced in the Crescent City Classic 10k that was an annual race in New Orleans. The cool thing about this 5k is that it starts and ends at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and you run through downtown Cleveland. And according to the website there's music pre-race, post-race, and even along the route. We'll see. This should be fun. I may not be thinking that when I'm running but that's okay.

In looking for a race I saw that the Honolulu Marathon is being held the day after we leave Hawaii. Darn, we'll miss it. Yah, right. Like we would've been able to run that. Someday. But anyway, the week before they're going to have an Expo and stuff, so that's something we'll be able to check out while we're there. At this time I'd like to hope to run while on vacation. What would be better than running while enjoying the ocean at the same time? At least we'll be in good company while there, with all the other runners. Better get going. It's Thursday....surgery day at work for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There won't be a need for your "internal MP3 player" if they have music all along the route. You will have to talk to the DJ before hand and make sure he plays the Heidi Remixes. I have gone out running twice this week and my legs feel it. Woody went with me but he is a pain to run with (especially when he sees a squirrel).

Anonymous said...

Yoo-Hoo!
Good for you two. Alpa and I will be on the side lines cheering you on, you can bet on that.
The cause is a wonderful one. I'll let my office manager know. Her name is Patty, she is battling ovarian cancer.
We're proud of you.
Love,
Sita

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Hey J, glad to see you're running too. Hope it helps with any anxiety that you're having, as it has done with mine. Have you mapped out any of your bike routes on gmaps yet? Just wondering. It was good seeing you this past weekend. Hope ya'll have fun in Chicago. Eat some pizza for me!

Sita, I totally forgot about your office manager. I remember her having a medical issue, but didn't know what. I too thought it was a good cause. I knew I wanted to run in a 5k but at the same time wanted it to be for a good cause. So this race definitely fits what we're looking for. We'll give you the details about date, time, etc. when we see you next.

Anonymous said...

Phenomenal!! What a great way to enjoy your running, challenge yourselves and bring attention and money for a good cause. Can't wait to see you two cross the finish line.

Justin...glad to hear you are out there running as well. Keep us up to date on your accomplishments.

kyleroth said...

Good Luck, Heidi and David!