Friday, June 01, 2007

The Toothless Bean

It's 11:32pm and I have no idea why I'm sitting here writing. It's the end of the week and I am fully exhausted. Since Tuesday I've been getting up at 5:15am for morning runs. They're getting harder everyday due to the heat rising and me being more tired whether it be from less sleep or physically tired. Today I ended up taking the day "off" just because I needed to have more sleep. This week we've been short people at work meaning 2 doctors are relying on me for everything. It's not that bad considering I run on adrenaline but when I crash, it comes pretty hard and I am just exhausted. So as with my running plan Saturday and Sunday will be rest days and then I will be back at it. I do wish I was a little more educated it the whole running thing. I'm still watching what I'm eating but at the same time I do know I need certain foods to keep me going. In addition, I'm looking at running shoes considering I'm running in my old ones that are still what I use for work somedays. I don't know what I'm looking for or what I need. Maybe I'm looking too deep into this but I just want to do stuff right and not wrong.

On a different note, I took Lily in to have her teeth cleaned yesterday. Want to guess how many extractions she had? Well, if you guessed 13, then you're right. Poor girl. FYI this isn't normal. And it's not like we have to work hard to extract them. Basically they fall out. I've been watching them and knew she needed to get them out so that's why I did her dental now instead of waiting until August (when we did it last year) to clean them. As with many of her other issues, this is an enigma to us which we are trying to figure out. She's only almost 4 and if you remember last year she had to have teeth extracted too. It so confusing because I try to take such good care of our pet's teeth by brushing and all. For instance Viking is almost 5 and he's never had to have his teeth cleaned. Now mind you each animal is different but still. So we're trying to investigate Lily's issue. We're doing a culture and sensitivity on her tooth root to see what happens and she was also started on a brand new vaccine released by Pfizer that makes a claim to reduce the type of bacteria in their mouth that causes periodontitis. So we'll see. I would do anything for her but at the same time I don't want her to be put through all that testing like she had to be when we first adopted her. It's not worth her pain whether it be emotional or physical. She's otherwise happy and I must say I think she's happier with them out than in.

Not sure what we have going on this weekend. Right now all I'm focused on is sleep....Zzzzzz....

No comments: