Friday, June 22, 2007

Injured List?

I had something bum me out today. For the past few days my right hamstring has been aching. I just figured it was because of normal discomfort from running. Not thinking much of it I went to bed last night thinking that I was going to go biking this morning. In doing a little reading I've found that I need to add some cross training to my workouts. Who would've knew. I thought that with my discomfort and needing to add cross training, today would be the perfect day to do so.

Well, I woke up this morning with a little too much discomfort and decided that even though I took a rest day on Wednesday, maybe I needed one more day of rest. What a bummer. I think I need to change some of my running days out for cross training at this time. Just a guess but I don't think I'm allowing my body to recuperate in between days, which may have lead to this problem. It could also be that it's my "bad leg" meaning the one I broke years ago. I still have aching pain in it from time to time. With the weather changing for the past few days it could be the problem. Dunno. As with everything, there's something to be learned. But at this point I've seen such a positive result from running that it's hard for me to consider changing my schedule. Actually, I don't have a set schedule. And I feel that I have done a very good job at listening to my body.

So this leaves me with, "What am I going to do tomorrow?" I don't know. But I can tell you that I'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens. I'd love to be able to do something tomorrow but I'm also going to have a realistic outlook. We'll just have to see...

No comments: