Sunday, June 10, 2007

We Break The Rules

As usual, we had a full weekend. With David being on call it was also a weekend full of interruptions. I won't complain though, because those interruptions allow us to pay for what we need/want to do around the house and in our spare time. Of course, I'll fill you in on what all happened this weekend.

Saturday morning I tore down the paneling in the downstairs bedroom (we call it the cat room). It was eventful. Needless to say there was a lot of "Son of a -----!" going on. I swear that paneling was out to get me. I have a few war wounds....ran my head into the crowbar that was on the kennel, paneling fell on my face near me eye, leaving cuts, and my knees are tore up from nails still in the paneling. Ah, whatever, it's down. It will be some work getting the walls into shape. There's glue that was "helping" hold the paneling up, which we'll have to sand and good amount of patching that will need to be done. I took pictures, but I'll post them at a later date when the room is done.

That afternoon I took the dogs and met mom for the Ohio Bike Week Parade. That was fun, but near the end the bike's got backed up and were reving their engines. Not a good situation for the pups. They still had a good time getting out and so did we.

Saturday evening we had both sets of rent's over to celebrate Viking's 5th birthday. Viking could hardly wait to get his licker on that cake. As usual, he LOVED it. And the other's enjoyed it too.

Sunday morning we woke up and David immediately got a call for work. I figured I'd continue to get things done while he did his thing. So, on to the downstairs bathroom. Yep, started and finished today. I headed to Home Depot on my own armed with a list of items, came home, and got started. David helped me get things accomplished between calls. We decided to leave the paneling since it's such a small area and considering my experience on Saturday with taking the paneling down in the other room, it was staying! And we decided also to go with black walls. You may ask "why?" Yeah, I know. The books all say "don't paint a small area a dark color because it makes it look smaller." But whatever. We break the rules. We had extra black paint from the kitchen and it helps us continue our motif onto the other room. We like it and better yet, it's one more room that's finished. Everything is back into place with the exception of the doors for the cabinet. We need to pick up new knobs and then they'll be up. We even used spray paint to change the lightswitch plates, changed the light fixture, and spray painted hooks that are behind the door. Sorry there aren't better pictures. That's what happens when you have limited space.
Before
After
We also finished up David's room today. Once again, between calls David helped by placing the finish around the Willy Wonka door and I went around touching up the walls where needed. We're still searching for appropriate curtains/valences but here's the finished product.....




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again...Great Job!!

Jen said...

I love what you did with the Willy Wonka door. It looks like it was suppose to be there! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you guys amaze use! Kudos to you. Alpa and I loved the Willy Wonka door, although, I confused him when I called it that!
Sita

Jacki said...

I love how you painted the walls different colors. If I could re-do our "Michigan Room", I would do it this way instead of painting the trim the contrast color.