Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dog Fiasco

I guess I should fill you in on Viking. All was going well until this evening. His nail cracked open again while out playing so I had to do a little "surgery". I decided that basically it had to come off. Considering it was 7:30pm on Sunday night I had to do it here. With the help of David I took the toenail clippers and got that nail off. Ouch! I'm a mean mama. I felt so bad. As the blood kept coming I managed to get it stopped and get a bandage back on his leg. Now, once again he's laying on the couch not knowing what to do. Don't worry though, I already got some pain medication in him and hopefully it took the edge off. I'll be sure to get him some antibiotics at work tomorrow.

Then, while this is happening, I look over to Lily to see that she's gimping around. Sounding like my dad, I say, "Now what!" So while I have the pain medication out for Viking, I slipped her a dose too. She must have pulled something while out on our walk a half hour previously. So basically what I'm saying is that we have a house full of injured animals and people.

Other than this stuff it was a good weekend. On Saturday David and I went for a morning bike ride. Then we bummed around and got our grocery shopping done. In addition, we had to do some clothes shopping for David. I love the guy but I think he's the only person I know who's weight fluctuates so much. It's a good thing because we're going down in size, but of course we couldn't still have his clothes from over a year ago that would still fit. Or when he adds a few pounds, we don't seem to have the right size. Where do they all go? I always tell him to put the clothes in storage but the only thing I'm guessing is that they end up in the pile for Salvation Army. Dunno. Anyway, I figured we need to get things now because at this rate he's only going to lose weight and since we're going to Hawaii in the middle of winter it's best for us to get them now instead of searching in November for shorts. We're also looking for some swim trunks for him too. No luck with the swim trunks but he did get 3 pairs of shorts. Good to go.

We spent the afternoon at Cedar Point walking around and taking some picture shots. We decided to finally get David's elephant ear and my funnel cake. Of course these can't be sold at the same places so we get his first and as we're walking to get mine we keep hearing, "what's that?" "Look! he's got an elephant ear." or "Where'd you get that?" It was kind of funny. Then once we got to the line for funnel cakes it kept happening and I think the funnel cake stand lost half their business to the elephant ear stand. David was pretty popular. Too funny. So I get my funnel cake and what a buzzkill! Man, it was thin and hard. Nothing like they used to be. I could've gotten a better one at the county fair. So I sat there and ate it because I didn't want to waste our $5 all at the same time thinking, "this is horrible" and that I was eating empty calories. Bummer.

That night we went to Friday's to meet up with the 'rents, J and Cass, and Cass's sister Rachel. We had a good time and even ran into my cousin Jillian.

Today started out with the guys going golfing and us girls getting soup and salad from the Olive Garden then of course heading to the mall. Nothing all that exciting. I took a short nap this afternoon, then we all met up for dinner at Cedar Villa. We came home, I took the dogs for a walk, the dog fiasco occured, then we took a run, and now I'm here.

Oh yeah, I got a lot of school work done this weekend and am done with 2 of my classes' assignments. Yay! So I'm in Week 6 out of 12 and have a significant chunk done. Now, just got to make my videos and I'm all set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting so much school work done. I know that will help to give you some peace of mind. Hope the kids are doing better tomorrow. Let me know.