Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mental MP3

Rise and shine! Only 2 more work days this week. As of yesterday Sue has decided to run in the evenings due to her schedule. That leaves me in the morning with Ironman David. It's all good though because he pushes me harder and doesn't even know it. He always starts with me and keeps a good pace then when I have to stop for a moment he's gone. That just pushes me to catch up...which will never happen. I must say it's harder for me to run alone due to the sound factor. I like to hear a little more than just myself breathing and feet hitting the ground. So I busted out the mental MP3 player today. Yes, you read right. I just sing to myself in my mind. People may think I'm crazy for doing this but no one knows what I'm thinking or doing in my mind. And trust me, it kept me going. A little Scissor Sisters (I don't feel like dancing....), Kanye West (God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down.....The only thing that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now), Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Somewhere over the rainbow...), then back to Scissor Sisters (She's my man...) Hmmm...wonder what my mind will have in store for tomorrow. We'll have to see.

I had a realization the other day. Maybe not a realization but more an observation. When we lived on base I would try to go swim laps in the morning. And for some reason it just didn't go all that well. I just figured it was because I was out of shape. Which was probably true to a certain extent. However, I was taking a shower the other day and put my face under the water and found that I had to move my face immediately out of the water. It's almost as though I was claustrophobic or scared of being under water, like when I was real young. Oh, maybe this is why swimming didn't go so well. I guess this has been going on for awhile, but I never thought about it before. The thing is that this is totally weird to me because I was basically a fish when I was a kid. If there was a pool, I was in it. And then I was even on the swim team. What happened? I didn't have anything traumatic happen. Actually, I did, but that was way long ago, even before I was an avid swimmer. Someone tried to hold me under water and I couldn't get out. Maybe it does just come down to being out of shape with my lungs no longer up to par. But I don't know about attempting to make them back up to par...I don't really like that suffocation feeling, if you know what I mean. I guess I'm not really making a point here but like I said, it's just an observation I had...my how things change as you age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, what you are saying is..." you hear voices ". :)