Friday, December 28, 2007

3.73 Miles

Well, I made it through the night quite well. I decided to take a Darvocet in hopes of getting a good night's sleep and it didn't really let me down. I was out. To be safe, I only took a 1/4 of the dose. With any medication that has sedative effects, I'm out. So even with Benadryl or Tylenol PM I've found that I'm safest if I 1/2 or 1/4 the dose so I'm not totally out of it the next morning. As for the pain, it's under control. I can feel that the Darvocet is wearing off and I have some throbbing, but I've already taken some Ibuprofen in hopes of having it kick in. Looking at my head this morning, I think it looks pretty good. Most people wouldn't even notice the lesions/bruises that are present. On the other hand, I have one near my left temple that is blue and a little more pronounced. Not that I wear much makeup, but I'm avoiding any as to not cause any further infection. I've been religious about applying triple antibiotic ointment and I think I have a permanent greasy head. Even after washing my hair multiple times this morning it was still greasy. Yuck. I have to apply the ointment 3 times daily. I would have preferred to just shave my head, but most would think that extreme since my entire head isn't covered with wounds. Ah well, greasy head it is. One of the medications is also making me parched. I was so thirsty last night and this morning I woke up with the driest mouth.

I had hoped to run yesterday evening but my realistic side told me not too. That would have been kind of fun trying to run while falling asleep. Interesting. I wanted to make sure I got a run in today (which is usually a "day off"). Being that it's Friday, when I get off of work I didn't want to have to worry about getting a run in, so I got up at 5am and took off by myself. It felt good. It was the type of run where I had gotten so far, so I decided to go farther. When I met that goal, I went farther again. Remember, the Forrest Gump mindset? Yep, that's it. I went a total of 3.73 miles, which I believe is my longest run yet by myself. Cool beans. In addition we've been hovering around the 2 mile mark these past few weeks due to the weather, so it was nice to kick up the distance. And lastly, I still kept a good average pace. Not 9:38/mile mind you, but I managed a 10:07/mile pace. Not bad considering my distance was almost double and it's still much lower than my median average. I feel pretty darn good.

Now, let's get this thing called Friday started so I can then start into a thing called The Weekend.


Sita said...

Just read about your ordeal. I know only too well, since I've been on the receiving end of a cat bite. Wicked, wicked. I pray you don't have to go through any infusion treatment. Hope you're feeling alright, well, as best as can be expected. You're one tough cookie. Freakin' cat.
I love you baby,

Anonymous said...

Run Heidi Run!!!
So glad you were able to get back at it after your fiasco yesterday. That had to be scary. But you are one smart and skillful girl!
Hope you heal quickly so you can get rid of the greasy hair. ;-)